white people’s roles and responsibilities when standing in solidarity with black liberation struggle (source)
Still (always) relevant; but especially today.
[Text reads: White People’s Roles & Responsibilities
We are called to commit to the struggle for liberation now.
- Show up.
- Stay off the megaphone.
- Direct media to Black leadership.
- Follow direction of Black leadership.
- Protest from our position (We are not Mike Brown, carry signs challenging white supremacy).
- Call-in/collect white folks who are causing harm and/or breaking guidelines set by Black leadership.
- Meet level of escalation with police, do not exceed it.
- We have a strategic commitment to militant nonviolent resistance – honor that.
- Recognize group responsibility before, during, and after action. Ensure everyone is bailed out of jail and strive to do court support.
- When planning white specific solidarity actions, target spaces of white power, and don’t speak for Black people but about white culpability.]